Battle one goes to the Dannellys...
Lyd is at a peanut free table! YAY! On to the next battle - the 504...
Life carries on in Savannah. Yesterday Mike was called to be 2nd counselor in the Elder's Quorum Presidency. Wow! It's such a huge blessing to be of the same faith. We've always had a great marriage, but now that we are united under one religion, well, life is even better. It looks like I'll be going back into Young Women. Yay! I'm still in YW mode. The bishop talked to me about it on Sunday. He asked if I'd ever served in YW. I said "yes" and he asked how long ago. Um, a month? :)
We also asked him advice on Lyd's situation. He’s VP of Student Services at the design college here, so this is right up his alley. I told him that I was getting very tired of the whole thing and wanted to handle this last bit as professionally as possible. I was going to call a lawyer if we didn’t have the table by Friday. Anyway, I said, “I don’t want to come off as some wacko mother, cause you know I’m not wacko.” His response? “You know, the wacko ones never know that they are.” He's so funny...I think.
Lydia has informed me that she now has six friends. Yes, we are counting them. Lily has three. I know she met two girls named Brooke. I'm just going to call them all Brooke. That'll be easier than learning all of their names. I call all of Lyd's buddies "sweetie".
As for me, I've met some sisters from the Ward. One of them has daughters the same age as ours and a son thrown somewhere in the middle. Another one has this contagious smile. It's so neat to meet new people. What I always love is trying to figure out who they are married to - yes, I realize that is weird, but if you try it, you'll like it, too.
There's this one couple that is beyond cute. They are in their early 20s. Mike said they are us in the early 90s. ha ha Guess we've been out-cuted by the youngsters. Going to buy a cane tomorrow.
Well, the family is waiting for me to do Family Home Evening out on the porch. They wanted to do it on the trampoline, but I killed a brown recluse this morning and am not looking forward to swatting at anything else. I'm sooo going to have bad dreams tonight.
Love to all. I miss you tons.
Les
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Family
Last visit to Temple Square

No comments:
Post a Comment