Monday, June 30, 2008

And the beat goes on...

It's 5:45 AM and we are about to hit the road again. We're driving to Richmond Hill today. We are doing the walk through on the house at 3:30. YAY! We can't wait to see the house and start figuring where to put the furniture. I'll be calling the Bishop tonight to see if we can borrow some blow up mattresses for Wednesday night, our first night in the house.

Florida has been a nice break. This week went so fast! Little Lydia has had a hard time the past couple of days. She woke up with hives on her eyes yesterday and she has a huge one on her top lip this morning. All we can figure is that my brother's cat comes to visit now and then. My parents have shared custody of him with Paul. Yes, he's not a cat, he's a sibling. LOL

Oh yeah, church. I love visiting this ward! It's funny cause there are a lot of new families, but there are always the standards. :) Scottie's Sunday School teacher used to be my Sunday School teacher. He told Scottie that I used to get in trouble. I totally did not! I turned to get verification of my goodness from one of my seminary teachers only to have her tell me, "You don't want to ask me that." Snots. I really was not a troublemaker...vocal on my opinion, always, but not a troublemaker.

We did have a great meeting on emergency preparedness in combined RS/Priesthood. One thing that the sister who talked said that made me think of passing it on to you is the whole individual backpack thing. She said she has evacuated with her kids a couple of times. The first time they had individual backpacks. She said that ended then. Now she has all the food in one backpack, all the clothes in one backpack, etc.. She said that, since her kids are little, having separate backpacks for each was a pain. She was having to rummage in each one just to get food. I thought that was a great idea. You know the parents have to do all the work when they kids are little. So Mike and I are going to have all the food in one bag, all the clothes in another, etc...

Guess it's time to sleep walk the girls to the potty and put them in the car. Scottie is on his own getting to the bathroom.

Hugs,
Les

No comments:

Our Family

Our Family
Last visit to Temple Square