Friday, July 3, 2009

Slacker

Okay, I'm not REALLY a slacker and I'll tell you why. I'm using ldsjournal.com now. It's got a lot of features I like and I want to publish it when I'm done with a year.

So - THANK YOU for all the b-day wishes! (Hi Charlie!!!) It was a great day. 37 is awesome. I'm actually looking forward to 40. My goal is to look better at 40 than I did at 30. Yes, I'm laughing at that, too. With enough hair dye, low lighting, and fat girl underwear (that's the stuff that is so tight it pushes all your fat in), it might just happen. :D

On to the news, in case you haven't heard. Mike left two weeks early for his year long deployment to Afghanistan. They called this past Tuesday and said "We need you to leave tomorrow" so he did. He left Wednesday morning. Sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks. I won't lie. It sucks. Oh, and in case you didn't catch that, it SUCKS.

The girls and I have been keeping busy playing and doing retail therapy. I'm not going to balance our checkbook for a couple days. Denial is good! Sadly, we can't play all day for the whole year and reality is going to kick in eventually. We had a good cry when he left and I'm sure those times will happen again throughout the year.

But, on a funny note (cause you know I've got to put funny notes in) we said goodbye "Savannah style". We waved goodbye from the balcony. Totally Gone With the Wind. LOL

Ah, Savannah, ya little faker. I took the girls to the library downtown. Tree lined streets with Spanish moss hanging down and the homeless freakin' ya out when you try to walk to the front door. I really wish I could try the pre-Civil War South for a few days. Not more than that - you know those people STANK with their 15 layers of clothing and no deodorant. Yuck! But I've always loved the whole Southern Belle thing. Those Southern women could schmooze an Eskimo out of his heater. It's called Professional Flirting. Works like a charm. You just need the right placement of certain words - Honey, Sweetie, and (the clincher) Darlin'. Throw in a few smiles and a light touch on the arm and BAM the world is yours. hee hee

OK - it's WAY past my bedtime, hence the nonsense writing.

Goodnight Darlins.

2 comments:

Marni said...

Hooray! Sad that Mike is gone, but glad you're back to blogging! Love that you waved from the balcony. Wish I could have been there to take pictures.

Jones Crew said...

So glad your back Bloggin!! Love hearing what the Dannelly's are up to

Our Family

Our Family
Last visit to Temple Square