I gotta admit, it is kinda strange to have warm weather this time of year. The Christmas decorations Richmond Hill has placed all over town look weird and out of place. It shouldn't look odd to me. I've lived in Florida, Texas, and Mississippi - all places with no snow at Christmas. Oh, and Italy - we didn't get snow there at Christmas either. But my favorite memories are those of being at my grandparent's home in France and seeing the Alps covered in snow, building snowmen, sledding, throwing orange peels into the fireplace, snuggling under a blanket with a good book, sipping hot cocoa... Then we get to Utah and I loved going to Temple Square and visiting the nativity and seeing snow falling outside of our windows. (All you Utahans shut it - I don't want you to remind me how I griped about the snow. LOL)
We are decorating for Christmas this Saturday. That will help get the feeling here. :) And we are totally counting down time to when we move back to Utah. Someone is going to have to teach me how to ski - any takers?
Let's see - while I'm on here - what else is new. I'm brining our turkey this year - soaking it for an hour per pound before cooking it. Holy cow I hope it doesn't suck when it's done. I might do some more research before I actually do that. My turkeys turn out pretty dang yummy and I'm afraid it'll ruin it. Hmmm.... Not sure what to do now. Maybe I should test it out on a less important day and then do that next year. ARGH!! Decisions...
Well, I'm going to eat lunch with Lydia in about five minutes. The school calendar said "cook's choice" so it should be interesting to see what lunch is. They won't let parents bring their own lunches in. Pray for me.
Final note - I'm down to 113.6!!! YIPEE!! I told Mike that either my metabolism is back or I've got cancer. LOL
Les
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Family
Last visit to Temple Square

2 comments:
I've never been somewhere warm when it's Christmastime. Sounds strange, but in an odd way nice not to worry about freezing your tail off while you go visiting.
Even stranger to hear you spouting the virtues of coldness and snow... Miracles never cease.
Congrats on the weight loss!
Lets hpe it metabolism!!!! LOL
Post a Comment